December 13, 2010

Monday, Dec. 6, email from Donna, TX

Dear Family,

This week I will only be writing a short email because of lack of time on this P-day. Some opportunities for service came up that we hadn't planned for, so we're a bit short on time.

These past seven days have been very good, but we have had a bit of trouble helping our investigators to progress. We have a few families we're working with right now, trying to show them the truth of the gospel. Getting them to attend church has been a struggle for us. We're working on showing them how they can receive answers, blessings and support from honoring the Sabbath day, and I'm sure that they will soon begin to obey this law.

My new companion is elder Raynor, from Northern California. He's been out in the mission about a year and a half and is a great missionary. We're already getting along well, and I'm excited for the work that will get done with this new companionship.

I did receive the package that Mom sent today, and Elder Raynor is already jealous of my family. I may have to have a talk with him about the tenth commandment. I'm sure he'll turn out all right. Thanks so much for the package. It definitely helped put a Christmas spirit in the season, instead of every day just being the same when going out to tract and teach.

Everything is going well in Texas, and the Christmas season is really starting to get going. Yesterday we went to McAllen and watched the Christmas broadcast from the First Presidency, which was awesome. The talks were very inspiring and the songs by the choir were amazing. If it's up yet on lds.org, I'd encourage everyone to go and watch it.

I hope everyone is having a great start to the Christmas season and will remember to focus on the things that really matter and not get caught up in the material parts of this time of year. I love you all and hope that everything continues to go well and that the Lord continues to extend his protective hand in the lives of our family.

Love,

Elder Wood