May 22, 2012

May 21, 2012, email post from Corpus Christi, TX

Dear Family,
 
 
   This last week was a week full of lessons, that's for sure.  We didn't see too much progress in our investigators, who didn't come to church, but overall things were good.  The zone has been struggling in May.  It seems like we're going to be ending it on a pretty slow note.  The meeting we had with the zone leaders yesterday was pretty inspiring though.  We talked about the importance of having real, honest desires to work and repenting from our mistakes and disobedience to do better in the next month that we have.  Sadly, the zone looks like it'll be ending May with one baptism among the nine companionships that are here in Corpus Christi.  (Luckily though, that one companionship was in our district.)  But yeah, we have quite a bit of repenting to do and I need to work on making sure that I'm working with all of my heart, all the time.  I haven't been disobedient or anything like that, but I know that there's always more I can give.
 
 
  We read in that meeting with the zone leaders about the importance of desire, and really how we can get it.   I've been praying recently for the Lord to help me to really open my eyes and fully realize the importance of the work that we're doing here and how much every person that I talk to needs it.  If we could only realize that we're employed in God's work and glory and that we're promised the help of the heaven, our fears, doubts and reservations would flee, replaced by unshakeable faith in what the Lord will do.  I know that I'm not alone, I have the Lord's help.  
 
 
   On a random note, we just finished cleaning some graffiti off the church.  Some teenagers must have come around last night.  They wrote on the windows in Sharpie, "Hail Satan! 666!" and other stupid stuff like that.  It's sad the amount of ignorance there is out there about the church and how low some people's respect is for sacred things.  It wasn't too hard to get off though, just some cleaner and a lot of scrubbing.  Hopefully the church will get some cameras here soon or something though. But, either way, we know that no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing!  I love opposition, because it means that great things are on the way!
 
 
  I hope everybody has a great week.  I'll be writing back next week with some miracles!  I love you!
 
 
Elder Wood