July 12, 2010

July 10, 2010

Dear Family,

This letter will again be short, but there are a few things I forgot to say that I needed to. First, if Mom would be willing to go buy me a pair of jeans (bootcut preferably) and send them to me, I would be very grateful. We're supposed to wear them during service activities and I don't have a set. So, that would be very much appreciated.

We have started learning Spanish and I can now offer a rudimentary prayer entirely in Spanish. It is remarkable how much you can learn when you are guided by the Holy Ghost. I am quickly adjusting to my role as District Leader, and through the Lord strengthening me, I am able to do more than I ever would have been able to on my own before.

I know that God loves each and every one of us, and knows us individually. I am grateful for the love He shows to me, as well as the love He manifests to everyone by listening to their prayers and the sacrifice He made in sending his Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. I know that we all have the opportunity to live with Him again, and that there is nothing He desires more than for us to be with Him.

Again, a larger letter will follow after Tuesday with questions for the family and more information about my situation here at the MTC. Until then, know that I love you all and I am very happy and engaged here at the MTC.

With love,

Elder Wood