September 27, 2010

Sep 20, 2010, 4:37 p.m. email to 4510 from Donna, TX

Hello Everyone!

I want to give thanks to everybody that wrote me on my birthday or sent me a package! It was awesome to hear from a lot of people and get some cool things in the mail. On an odd note, we had zone conference with Elder Richards from the 70s this past week and it was on my birthday! The P-day before I had forgotten to buy some cupcakes or something to celebrate my birthday with, so I was very surprised and excited when they rolled out a giant cake during the meal at the conference. It wasn't for me or anything, but at least I got to have some cake.

I don't have that much time to write today, so I'll just write a short story from this week then hopefully get a handwritten letter off tonight. Not too much that I can remember happened, but this week on Friday I had my first exchange in the mission! I was on an exchange with Elder Santa Cruz, one of the Zone Leaders. He is from Lima, Peru. Anyways, overall we just had a pretty good day of contacting with a few lessons, but something kind of interesting happened. We were contacting a man who was outside washing his car, and it turned out he didn't want to listen to our message, but he was willing to buy us some ice cream from the ice cream truck in the neighborhood. The man who was driving the ice cream truck had been to church before and was interested in coming again! He ended up not showing up on Sunday, but it was still a neat experience.

Anyways, I hope all is going well and that everyone has a great week!

Love,

Elder Wood