Dear Family,
Well, this week I don't have too much to write about. All I know is that this week was pretty much a blur. We spent a lot of the week trying to find new people to teach, with limited success. We taught a lot of first lessons with people, but had a hard time finding them home for the next appointment. The area I have been in has been in a long rut with church attendance, but we managed to break that this last week and at least have someone attend. So hopefully, this week we can continue that trend and keep improving.
As far as the call for Mother's day goes, I'll probably call on Sunday night, but on Sunday morning or afternoon I'll probably call just to get the timing down. I'm not sure I have Christian's number, but I guess if I call Dad first in VA I can probably get it from him.
In defense of my pancho, Mom, it's more like a Mexican sweater than an actual pancho. It's got sleeves and a hood and fairly tame colors but in a cool pattern. I can actually see it coming more into use than you'd think. I should be sending a box of stuff home, soon. I'm starting to collect random trinkets from the mission that are taking up a bit of space. I'm going to try and ship some of those off to Christian's house if he would be willing to throw them under the stairs for me.
Laredo has been pretty hot this pat week. We've been hitting temperatures of about 110 degrees, without any wind. So, basically, everything outside here just turns into an oven. I've been tempted to crack an egg on the asphalt of the street, just to see if I could really cook it. Today is actually quite cold though. A cold front rolled in from up North or something because it's all cloudy and the temperature probably dropped a good 20-30 degrees or so. That seems to be something consistent here in South Texas. For a few weeks it will be super hot, and all of the sudden one day a cold front comes in and it's cloudy and cold. It normally clears up in a day or two, but it's always a shock when you open the door and freeze without expecting it.
I'll be sure to remember some more stories this week for the call on Mother's day. I was glad to see the pictures of Calvin. He's quite a cute little nino. I hope everybody has a great week and I'll get to talk to some of you, soon.
Love,
Elder Wood