December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011, email post from Brownsville, TX

Dear Family,

Unfortunately, this P-day has gotten ahead of us and I have very little time to write. So, I'm just going to enter in my response to the zillion things that have happened to all of you this past week, and add just a bit about what happened to me over this past week.

First off, HOORAY! It's amazing that Levi came into the family so fast. Talk about a surprise. Miracles do come to the faithful though, so I have no reason to doubt that the Lord had a big part to play in getting that child into Warren and Mel's family. Second, I thought that I would get home without any other grandkids being born, but apparently I forgot to count on the adoption factor and I don't even know how Jonathan and Emily's baby managed to plan his arrival before I get home in July. I guess there will just be more people for me to meet after my mission.


This week was pretty rough as far as missionary work goes. Most of our investigators dropped us, and a couple of our really solid investigators moved away. I have no doubt that the missionaries will find them in their new homes though. I'm grateful I could have a part in what I hope will be their journey into the Lord's true church. My companion seems to be a bit discouraged, we've had a bit of a rough transfer. The other companionships in our district have seen a lot of success, which is awesome. I love it because it helps me see success in the other missionaries and helps me to keep my faith up, but I think Elder Marble might be comparing himself a bit too much to the other missionaries. In other news, Elder Marble and I will be companions for at least another 6 weeks. But, surprise, surprise, we'll be getting another companion. An Elder from Peru is coming to our mission as kind of an emergency thing. He's being moved into our zone. Elder Sanchez, who he is replacing, will be coming to stay with us. We'll be in a threesome for these three weeks which I think will be really fun. Elder Sanchez is a great missionary, and even better, he's a native, so I get to bug him with all of my Spanish questions.

I'm grateful our family saw some miracles this week. This last week I memorized the song, "Praise to the Lord, the Almighty" My motivation phrase for the week was, "ponder anew what the Almighty can do", one of the lines from the song. I guess I wasn't pondering very hard, because I didn't see this coming! Haha. I really do love the Lord, he's done so much for me in these past months. He's done so much for my family, for which I am eternally grateful. I don't think we'll ever realize how much He's done for us until we kneel at His feet and ask Him.

Have a Merry Navidad!

Love,

Elder Wood