January 17, 2011

January 3, 2011, Post from Donna, TX

Dear Family,

This has been a tough week back here in Donna, but nonetheless we are continuing to work hard. Many of our investigators have fallen off this past week, and we've struggled to continue finding new ones. Some of our investigators that were progressing towards baptism have had issues or challenges come up with family relationships that are preventing them from coming into the Gospel. Or they have hit a commandment that they aren't willing to obey. It's sad to see people fall off of the path when they were started on their way, but I'm confident that some seeds have been sown, and maybe the Lord will send missionairies to them again when their circumstances are a little more ideal.

The week has been hard with investigators, but not all of this week was a disappointment. These past few weeks we've been putting a lot of effort into re-activating less actives and doing what we can to get them back to living in accordance with the covenants that they've made. Not all of the less active or inactive members we've worked with have been willing to come back, but we did find a few who are now making their way back into the church.

I will continue to pray for Mel and the baby. I'm sure that the matter is well within the Lord's hands, and that all things will turn out for their good. I'm confident that when real trust and faith are put in the Lord, He can work miracles, and I have no doubt of the presence of miracles within our family.

Congratulations to Avalee on her birthday and her baptism. She is setting a great example for the rest of the grandkids, who I'm sure will have quite the foot steps to tread in.

Thanks so much for sending me the set of the ward newsletters from home. That was pretty cool. It's awesome to see just how much fellowship and co-ordination there is and the growth that is going on back home. I also really like it because ward unity is something we've been trying to work on here in Texas. The activities reports and announcements give me some great ideas on what we can do to help the ward and recent converts mesh together.

Everything went over great this past holiday season. I really appreciated all the warm wishes and Christmas presents sent by everybody. Needless to say, most of the candy has been consumed, and I've probably gained 5 or 6 pounds, but running will soon get rid of that, I'm sure. I hope everyone figured out what they wanted to improve on and focus on during this New Year and were able to set some meaningful goals. I hope every has a great week and continues to have a fantastic start to the New Year!

Love,

Elder Wood