February 28, 2011

Feb 21, 2011, email post from Edinburg, TX

Dear Family,

Well, to start off, I am greatly pleased by my newly given title and if possible would like it placed on all of the letters addressed to me. Elder Roland Wood, a mature, sober, manly warrior-servant of the Lord. Just kidding about that, but I might be writing that in the signatures to my journal entries now.

The news came in for transfers this past Saturday and I will be spending another six weeks here at least with Elder Arens. In fact, our entire zone, except for one Elder, is staying entirely the same. And, weirdly enough, the Elder that is leaving, is going to the place which I just came from. he's going to Donna and my previous companion, Elder Raynor, is coming up to be in Edinburg Central, the area beneath mine. Weird coincidences going on with the movement of Elders, but it's an inspired process, so I'm sure it's what needs to happen.

Not too much in the way of news happened this last week besides the transfers. We have been working hard all week to try and help our investigators continue to learn and progress in the gospel. So far we haven't had too much luck, except with one of our investigators, Alex. I believe that I wrote about her a little bit last week, as well as reporting on the experience that we had praying with her about Joseph Smith. The only news that has really changed with her is that she followed up on her commitment to read 3 Nephi 11 in the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. When discussing with her how she felt about the book, she told us she felt it was true, and that she understands that if the book is true, this is God's Church once again upon the earth. We have started to teach her the commandments and everything seems to be going well so far. she also came to Church this past Sunday and is on track to being baptized in the coming weeks.

One thing that I have been thinking about recently that maybe Mom could help me with would be getting my line of authority card/printout. We often talk to people about how the authority of the Priesthood is real and isn't some mystical power that someone just takes to themselves on their own. I think that it might be nice for me to be able to show an example to someone of exactly how this authority is passed down and how ultimately it comes from the hands of the Savior. The Spanish Elder's Quorum actually talked about getting these cards for the Priesthood members a few Sundays ago. Apparently it is something about needing a few specific dates and then going to the Bishop and asking him. It would be great If I could get a copy of my line of Priesthood authority.

I hope everyone is continuing to have a great week and that everything is going well. For all the new babies and babies on the way, I hope and pray that everyone can stay healthy and that the Lord continues to provide as He has been doing. Good luck to everyone this week in work and all other endeavors you have. Don't forget to pray!

Love,

Elder Wood