Dear Family,
Mom, I got the package you sent from Caldwell, Idaho. Thanks. I will follow the instructions and be sure to mail it later today. I just tried and the library here won't let me send pictures either so it'll be a while before any pictures get sent home. It's a bummer, but as long as I don't lose my SD card or anything it should be fine.
Well, this week was a very sad week. As I saw in the emails from everyone you all have heard about the Elders who passed away in our mission. It really was something very tragic and sad, but at least they were both prepared to go to the other side of the veil. I knew Elder Strong fairly well. My companion and I drove him and Elder Hardman around on P-days for 6 weeks in Edinburg. He was a great missionary, and he will be missed. I didn't know Elder Walker, but we had a conference for all of the Valley that same day that they were killed. Elder Walker got up and did a demonstration with Elder Zivic from the Seventy who was visiting. I saw Elder Strong there, and I was grateful for the chance I had to talk to him at least a little bit before he passed away. It's a sad thing, but I'm grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that we have. It makes things much more understandable and acceptable as we focus on the eternal perspective of things.
I'm out of time for emails this week, but just know that everything is going well and we're working hard. Talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Wood