Dear Family,
Well, a bit of another rough week here, but all's well that ends well. And in the work of the Lord we all know that everything is going to end well, so who cares about what happens along the way.
So, for this email I'm only going to focus on the good or funny things that happened this week.
To start off, I found out today that a kid that I taught in my other area in Larga Vista is getting baptized this next Sunday! It's a great feeling knowing that he has chosen to take that step. I'm glad that the missionaries kept working with him and helping him through the conversion process. He's the last kid in a family that got baptized while I was there in Larga Vista, so it really is a great thing to see.
As I'm flipping through the pictures on my camera I'm trying to see the other stories that we have from this week.
In the apartment we tricked Elder Hunt into going into the laundry room, and then we pushed the fridge in front so he couldn't get out. That was pretty funny. It's a tiny little room that has just the one door that has to slide out so you can leave, but with the fridge in the way he was pretty stuck.
We were biking down Calle del Norte, one of the major streets in our area, and some big heist must have gone down right before we got there. Or somebody got shot or something. We turned onto the street and there were 4 cop cars all together and the cops were all talking. Further down the street there were two cops talking to a lady at her door. It looked like they were trying to figure out where someone or something went. Then, even further down we saw a big reception hall where people hold parties and there were three concerned people in bride's maid dresses talking to a cop. Who knows what happened, but it must have been intense.
To speed things up a bit...
My companion learned a few jiu jitsu moves from a recent convert.
We found a giant turtle with a red, white and blue painted shell. USA! USA!
We visited another recent convert in the hospital and tied up our bikes to the "Clergy parking only" sign.
We had some great tacos at a member's house.
We said goodbye to Elder and Sister Nelson, the senior missionary couple that has been here in Laredo since I got here. They have been awesome. Elder Nelson had to go home because of health problems. We had a fast for him this weekend. Keep him in your prayers if you can. He's a great man.
One of our investigators told us how she prayed to God to help her quit smoking and she hasn't had a craving for about a month. And when she looks at a box of cigarettes she just feels gross! Amazing how the Lord answers prayers huh?
I think that about sums it up, and I'm just about of email time for this week. I hope that everyone has a great week and gets to have some missionary experiences. I love you all!
Con amor,
Elder Wood