Dear Family,
Another week has come and gone in the mission field. It seems like every day they come a little faster. I've come to realize that the mission seems extremely short when you think about it in terms of the weeks that you have left. Elder Stewart and I are doing very well. His Spanish is starting to develop, but he's still got a bit of a way to go. Probably part of that is my fault for not speaking it with him as much as I should have. We've set some goals for the coming week that should help us fix that problem.
I've come to learn that my new area (further north in Laredo) doesn't speak nearly as much Spanish as did my old area in the south. It's kind of a bummer just because it makes it harder to make yourself to speak Spanish. I have the Spanish/English switch in my brain, and depending on what language people are speaking to me or the language in the atmosphere, the switch goes one way or the other. I'm finding myself having to consciously change it, rather than having the people doing it for me. But, that's all right. I just need to learn to discipline myself more.
We have a couple of cool investigators that we are teaching right now. We found a young girl about a week ago who didn't believe in God at all. Because of the presence of the Spirit when we spoke with her, she now believes, is praying and is reading the Book of Mormon regularly. She's had a change in her countenance as well. I remember the first time we met her she seemed kind of sad and depressed, weighed down, you could say. But n ow, whenever we visit her, she's got a smile on her face and seems to be much more happy.
We struggled this last week in a few respects, but we saw some other parts of our area see some great progress. I'm excited for the week that is coming however, because I know that we're going to see miracles happen as we put in our part of the work. It's about time for me to get going, though, but I'm grateful for the pictures and everything Mom sent. It was good to see some updated pictures of the whole family.
On a last note, my thighs are getting ripped from this bike area. I will admit I'm a fan of racing the cars off of the stop signs around the streets now. They always give me weird looks when I keep up with them for a good little bit. Tell Mom not to worry, cause I can already tell she's thinking about asking me if I wear my helmet. Yes, Mom, I wear the helmet =). I hope everybody has a great week, and I hope that Riggins is having a nice welcome home.
Love,
Elder Wood