September 26, 2011

September 19, 2011, Email from Laredo, TX


Monday, September 26, 2011

September 19, 2011, Email from Laredo, TX

Dear Family,
First off, thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a pretty good birthday, which was actually on one of the days that we had the three day training here in Laredo. Basically the mission president and the APs had trainings with us from 9 am to 5 or 6 pm. For the rest of the night on my bday we just worked, but we found a pretty cool family, and that's good enough of a present for me.

I got the package from mom with the camera and everything, and I've been taking pictures like a fiend. Thanks so much, the camera is great. Unfortunately I can't send anything in this email cause the library doesn't let you upload pictures, but maybe I can print some off today and snail mail them. If not, they'll get emailed whenever I get moved to a new area or if we go to the college to email one of these days. We heard about transfers on Saturday, and I'll be staying here for at least another six weeks with Elder Stewart.

We had kind of a rough week with our investigators. We have a lot of cool people that seem to be doing very well, but none of them came to church this last week, which was kind of a bummer. We're going to focus more this week on doing our best to explalin to them the importance of church attendance, and hopefully we can see a bit of improvement in that aspect this next Sunday.

However, one investigator we have been teaching that has been investigating for a few months now gave us some good news. She started investigating with the Sisters and was committed to the church but had some fears about baptism. Just this last week we asked her how she was feeling about it, and told us that it was a 'surprise'. With some digging and talking to some members and other missionaries she talked to, we found out she's planning on getting baptized in October. Hopefully she can commit herself to that step and take it soon. She'll be a solid member once she's baptized, we just need to help her commit to that day.

My companion and I are doing very well and I'm loving the area. Anyway, I've got to get going since I spent a lot of time writing to Christian and Paul. Thanks for the birthday messages from Mel & Warren, Jonathan & Emily, Mom & Dad, Christian and Paul. If I forgot anybody, sorry, and if you didn't write, it's okay. I know you meant to :P.

Love you all, have a great week!

Elder Wood