November 1, 2010

Nov. 1, 2010, email post from Donna, TX

Dear Family,

Not too much has happened this week, in fact, not really anything of note at all. We're low on investigators at the moment, so much of our time was spent out tracting and contacting, which will hopefully yield some fruit for this next coming week or so.

A few days in this week were pretty strange; I think it was Thursday and Friday. A cold front rolled in, and for those two days it was like paradise down here--sunny and bright, but temperatures in the 70s and low 80s. Unfortunately, that passed and we're now back to our scorching hot temperatures. As a random note, a few weeks ago we were passing by this church which always has funny sayings on their sign outside. One day it said, "You think it's hot here? What about Hell?" I got a pretty good laugh out of that one.

The only story I can really relate this week is just about the power of God, and that he can really influence things as they go on. It was either Tuesday or Wednesday, but either way, every appointment we had that day fell through, so I was really frustrated. However, we passed by one of our appointments later on in the day and sat down with him and his wife. When I get really frustrated I normally clam up and don't like to do a lot of talking in lessons or things like that. So, going into this one, I was determined not to talk very much. However, the Lord was not very happy about that and saw fit to humble me. Upon entering the home, my companion was struck dumb, to speak biblically, and couldn't speak. It was a regular Zacharias moment. So, since he was unable to speak, I was forced to lead the lesson, to my displeasure. However, it did work to get me out of my rut a little bit, and also helped me to remember that the Lord wants me to open my mouth. My companion's voice returned towards the end of the lesson, leaving us fine for the rest of the day, after the Lord had humbled me.

Anyway, all is going well in the work here, and I hope everything is going well for those at home. I'll be praying for Mel and her baby. Hopefully this miracle can come to fruition.

Love,

Elder Wood

P.S. Hector's still progressing well, so there's no need to worry. =)