August 28, 2010

July 20,2010 (email from MTC)

Well, Mom, I'm very glad you've been updating me on things as they happen in Utah. I wrote a long letter today along with a few pictures in it, so you should get that soon. This email won't have too much to say in it since I already said most of what I was going to. I'm also going to see if I can attach pictures to this email for you to put on the blog. But we'll see how that goes in the end, I guess.

A couple of people besides family have written me so far, so that was good. Paul wrote me, as well as one of my friends from college. Mail really is one of the most important things here at the MTC. You'd be surprised how many missionaries are always standing behind me when I go to get the mail just to see if they got a letter, even though they actually get distributed at night.

Both the pairs of jeans fit reasonably well, so I'm very grateful for that. I seem to be dong well on the things that I need, although maybe if you get a chance you could send me a couple of t-shirts from my box in Virginia when you get back, as well as a few normal socks. When I was packing I forgot about gym time stuff, so I've worn old socks a few times to go work out. But thanks a billion for all the things you've already sent me. The package was very helpful and uplifting. It's always nice to get something from home to boost your spirits.

It's crazy how much work you're doing on Christian's house. Hopefully it will work out and come out just that much better, soon. I'm sorry about your hand. Give it some rest and if it keeps hurting, maybe go in to see a doctor and make sure you didn't strain a tendon or something. For a mom, seamstress, cook and quilter like you, hand damage could be really unfortunate if it gets worse.

I'm glad Rose-Ellen's eye surgery went well. Hopefully, she'll be able to recover quickly and get back on her feet. I've never watched someone go through the recovery process for lasik, so I don't know how bad it will be. I'm curious about how difficult the healing process is for getting your eyes zapped with lazers. Give her my love and I hope she'll heal quickly. Oh, and my asthama's doing fine in the hot weather.

Anyways, I said most of what I had to say in my letter that you will get soon, and I want to use a bit of my email time to email a friend who is out on a mission and I don't have his address. Love you, and I'll write you again soon!

Elder Wood